Baked-in-themselves apple crisp
- 4 baking apples
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ww or ap flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. (real) maple syrup
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Hollow out the apples, making sure to not break through the bottom. I used a melon baller for this but you could use a paring knife or a sturdy spoon.
- Pour a cup of water in a small baking dish and place the apples (hole side up) in the dish.
- mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- stuff the mixture into the hollowed out apples.
- bake for 30-45 minutes. Check if cooked by piercing with a sharp knife.
- Serve with ice cream and more maple syrup!
- Best served right away as they tend to deflate when they cool down.