Serves 4-6, or one hungry pregnant lady.
Me. It was me.
- 3 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp AP flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of 2% (or whatever you have) milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- In a medium pot, whisk together the cocoa, flour, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Over medium heat, stir until thickened (about 3-4 minutes). Do not stop stirring!
- Stir in the butter.
- Temper the eggs by whisking in a few tbsp of the pudding mixture into the egg mixture.
- Return the egg and pudding to the pot.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Cook while stirring continuously for about 4-5 minutes more, until it is nice and thick.
- Eat it straight from the pot or spoon into serving bowls. Good warm or cold from the fridge!
- If you don't want the skin on top of the pudding when it cools, press plastic wrap or wax paper to the surface.
- Top with whipped cream or toasted coconut.