Bite-Size pumpkin cheesecake muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spices
- FOR THE FILLING
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages), room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk coconut oil with sugars, eggs, and vanilla until blended. Gently fold in the pumpkin puree and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Using a spatula, mix the flour with the pumpkin batter and stir until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fill the mini muffins tins 1/2 full with the muffin mix.
- Fill a freezer-size Ziploc bag with the cheesecake mix, squeeze out the air and seal the bag.
- Cut off one of the bottom corners.
- Insert the cut corner into the middle of the (UNCOOKED!) muffins and squeeze out enough cheesecake filling to make the muffins now 3/4 from the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate or freeze.
- I use silicone mini muffins pans so they just pop right out, no need for greasing!