Date, apple, & pecan mini muffins
- 2 cups AP flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 canola oil (or applesauce)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup diced apple (skin on)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Sift the flour, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Add in the brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, vanilla, buttermilk, and eggs.
- Add to the dry mix. Stir sparingly.
- Add in the apple, dates, and pecans. Mix a few strokes until combined.
- Spoon into prepared mini muffins tins. Use paper liners or spray with non-stick spray. I use a silicone tray so I don't use anything.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool and pop out of the tin.
- Makes about 48 mini muffins.
- If you don't have buttermilk, just mix about a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice into a cup of regular milk.