Sour cream chocolate chip muffins (Best evah!)
- 1½ cups AP flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cup sour cream (I used 5% fat sour cream)
- 1 snack size container of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, sour cream, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-quarters full.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 18-20 minutes.
- If you’re planning on freezing these, remove the paper liners before putting in the freezer.