Curried Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 900 ml no sodium vegetable broth
- 100 ml water
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Toss the sweet potato, cauliflower with the coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet with the unpeeled garlic and roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until they look toasty.
- Once roasted, pop the garlic out of their skins and transfer everything to a large pot.
- Add the stock, water, and curry powder and simmer over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk and heat through for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in batches, or use an immersion blender to get the texture you like. Mine was just a bit chunky still.
- Enjoy with a dollop of greek yogurt, sour cream, or cream.